other .h files

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:46 AM
can you use interop assistant with other  .h files than windows.h? im doing some hid interop and it would be great if i could use interop assistant for that :) i guess you could paste the whole .h file into the snipplet tab but that doenst resovle strucs as good as the library..

interop assistant is a great tool :) cant wait for the next version
Developer
Aug 13, 2008 at 5:36 PM
Right now the best way to use a .h file from the UI tool is to paste it into the snippet window.  Definately not ideal for the scenario that you are describing.  This would be a simple feature to add though.  Can you file a feature request for this issue? 

The current supported way is to use the command line version of the tool to process your own .h files.  This should work for your scenario (although I'd still like to add it to the UI).
Aug 20, 2008 at 7:44 PM
sure :) how do you file feature requests? i didnt find any option for that in the issue tracker

msdn integration would also be awsome :)
..and filtering by .h file ;)

Developer
Aug 20, 2008 at 10:04 PM
You can file a feature request by clicking on the issue tracker tab.  If there is no feature option just file it as a bug and assign it to me. 

What would you want out of MSDN integration?

I agree filtering by .h would be nice as well.  
Aug 23, 2008 at 10:53 AM
alright :)

by msdn integration i mean pulling in the documentation for a perticular function and showing it somewhere in the app :)
navigation of functions could also be done in the same way as msn :) perhaps  you could even extend the vs documentation viewer? i dont know if thats possible though..
Aug 23, 2008 at 11:05 AM
ive added a few suggestions now :)
but there doesnt seem to be a way to assign them to anyone.. maybe you have to be a member to do that :)