COM Control Debug Configuration Issue

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I have a follow up post related to the product I mentioned below in another post.  I am not sure if it is applicable to this forum but I thought I would give it a try.  The COM server control is an ocx written in c++ that also utilizes an activex wrapper.  It is built as a native, MFC shared dll.  I have the source.  I am now able to build and register the ocx.  My VB app works with it as well but here is the issue:  The control works great when built with release configuration.  However, when built in debug configuration it does not work.  In debug, I can create an instance of the object.  I can see all the events, properties and methods.  The types are correct for the properties but almost all the property values state, “"Property Evaluation Failed".  It seems as if they are not getting initialized when the instance gets created.  I have been over all the build parameters to compare/change as much as possible to the release configuration to try to get the debug configuration working but no luck.  I can break and step through in VS 2008 Pro and browse values successfully.  I can provide more info if necessary but I want to make sure this is applicable to the forum.  Thanks for any assistance or ideas.

Nov 18, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Nevermind - got it working....